Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Like The Way It Goes II


Assalamualaikum and praised be to Allah for giving me another chance to blog.

This is going to be a very lame post ever in Mamat's history.

I had had finished read Hush Hush about 3 weeks ago. Just time is the matters why I didn't make a review about it earlier. Wow is the only thing came to my mind when I think about this book. It was a really really fast-paced and exhilarating read.

Let me give you the synopsis the book Hush Hush.

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She’s never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment. But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora’s not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can’t decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen – and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

For me, I think I have the liberty to share my thoughts and comments, right? Here it goes.

I have to say that I liked it and because it caught me 2 days to get it finished. Yes, it definitely caught my intention. On the other hand, it repulsed me because there's narrow or slight similarities with Twilight. But it didn't disappoint me because I'd been AN UNSTOPPABLE PAGE-TURNER.

Having the cover that represents the Fallen Angle is absolutely attracting everybody. Hush Hush begins with a prologue which time frame goes back 445 years from present history. I skipped the prologue to be honest. Then, when it came to the character of Julian, I get confused which part that I missed and I had a peak on prologue again. HAHA.

The part that I love the most is when Patch confessed that he closed to Nora just wanted to kill her.

" I want the truth. Did you come to school to kill me? Was that your aim right from the start?"
" Yes. I get that you're angry."
" I'm ripped apart!"
" But first I want to know why. Of all billions of people out there, why me?"

" Bad genes."

I was like you have got to be kidding.I'm having a hard time deciding exactly what I think about this book. All of this story were kicked ass.
Let I get it finished by persuading you to read Hush Hush.

5+++ stars!


I have bought the sequel of Hush Hush. C-R-E-S-C-E-N-D-O. I bought it at Kinokuniya bookshop at KLCC. See, it takes me everything to have it. That shows how good these books are. I am on my way reading Crescendo. Like usually I'm always said that it kicks ass.

I have met A. Samad Said. I was speechless, I mean SO/REALLY speechless.
He was standing right in front of me. My hand was fumbled and I couldn't move my body ( that's shit, Mamat! ). HAHA.. No but seriously, he was awesome and asking myself and so my friends. It's good to have a little conversation with him. Even better to hear his voice. Nice too!



Picture taken by myself. Amirul was the only one who had the guts to ask him whether he's the right person or not. Amirul was so lucky I took this picture. I was a heart-breaking to take this photo. I didn't take a photo with A. Samad Said because camera is not allowed besides he's busy looking for books at Literature site. You rock la.


I wish we'd have Hush Hush combines with Crescendo and becomes Hushcendo. HAHAHA. Just kidding. Now, I am officially Becca Fitzpatrick's fan.

See you on the next post. Salam and Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment