Monday, March 19, 2018

Struggling Muslim?

How do you make yourself a better Muslim?

I have read a tweet from this fellow friend of mine, saying that one of his friends pointed out that he’s doing great in life and so. With all of the things that he has, how is his relationship with Allah? That’s kind of a slap in his face because he knew that this whole thing about relationship with Allah is the one that seems to be lacking.

It took me a moment to read the replies to his tweet. I was quite befuddled. 

But, sure thing that there are ways for us to fix our relationship with God. What if I say that I’m feeling my faith is extremely tested right now? I’m not like Rahmat I was a few years ago.

As this fellow’s current state, I would like to foreground that friends play an important role in shaping faith and strengthen our bond with Allah.

I’m 26 now, and I apologise if my friends ever read this but I don’t have any friends at all that ever come to me and exhort, point out all the wrongs that I did on daily basis. 

I have become recklessly thoughtless. I did and said things without thinking like a Muslim. To be honest, I have had enough of using this whole “I’m a struggling Muslim” as an excuse, trying to get some of green lights as a pass for me to still commit sins. 

Listen, guys. If you have friends in your life that remind you to get close to Allah, consider yourself lucky. Very lucky..

Because I fought alone, and I may have failed. 

But, I won’t stop, because Allah says in the Quran..

“My mercy is bigger than your sins”

19/03, 2:30 am.


No comments:

Post a Comment